A Mindful Moment - by Pilgrim High School Counselor, Diane Ferrara!
VAPING - A Parent's Guide - click here
Latest Update from the CDC on Vaping
Talk Early. Talk Often and Listen. Check out this PSA!
Mulling It Over Podcast by Bob Houghtaling, our EG Coordinator!
Supporting children whose parents may have an addiction
Working to Reduce the Stigma of Addiction
Our (Incredible) Community Coordinators
Dana Daverna DDeverna@comcap.org
Paul Mangino, Jr firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Houghtaling email@example.com
Astrid Meijer, M.Ed, APS firstname.lastname@example.org
Maureen Gouveia email@example.com
Join us for our next monthly coalition meeting! contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Let's Talk Self Care for the Carer - March 23, 6-8 pm Warwick Public Library
Let's Talk Internet Decoded for Parents - March 31, 6-8 pm Warwick Public Library
Seek support - Regular meetings St Lukes E Greenwich
More resources for those working with Children Whose parents may have an addiction:
● Sesame Street has created a series of videos that include 6-year-old Karli, talking to her friends about her mom's struggle with drug addiction.
● The Eluna Network runs Camp Mariposas in more than a dozen states. They offer a range of online resources for adults who want to help children whose families struggle with addiction. Customized help is also available.
● The Hazelden Betty Ford Children's Program provides support, education, and care to kids who grow up in a family with alcohol or drug addiction.
● National Association for Children of Addiction or NACoA offers a range of resources about the impact of alcohol and drug abuse on children and families. They also offer resources to help build resilience in children.
● Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration or SAMHSA is a branch of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. National Helpline [1-800-662-HELP (4357)] is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders. Here is their Opioid Treatment Program Directory.
Make sure you secure medications in your home